Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Busy, in every way possible!

We're all so busy around here! Matt and I are also a little overwhelmed, I think.  It's just the busy days of summer, which we love, but we'd love a couple days to hang out just by ourselves (and that would take going away, because if we're home, we'll work, or at least Matt will). Please don't think I'm complaining about anything...we're just busy...it's the way our life is.

The Kids

They're so busy! They're in and out of the house...Clarence wants to go pick cherry tomatoes, but not so we can eat them...just for himself.  They're running in the puddles out front, with their clothes on or naked, they don't care.  It's cute and it's summer, so I let them.  Kids are supposed to do that.  They're hungry...a lot...well, at least Clarence is.  Adina's been a bit of a bird lately...eating a little here and there.  (Maybe it's a princess thing...? I'm not sure.)


Matt

He's trying to cut CRP for hay, cut CRP thistles for the neighbors, haul hay, fence, feed the cows, see us once in a while, fix the tractors/machinery...it's neverending! I help where I can...with the fencing, the haying, and the running for parts, but there's always more to do.  Such is life on the farm!   We wouldn't trade it for anything!

Me

I'm trying to keep up with my house...the kids undo everthing, I'm trying to can some vegetables, there's always a load or two or ten of laundry to wash, fold and put away...it's a neverending job here, too, but it is for every woman, I know!

Yesterday, I picked all five of my biggest tupperware bowls (you know, the biggest ones they have) FULL of green beans...so, today I've been trying to pickle some.  It's really hard with the kids around. I wish I would've gotten my groceries yesterday, woken up at 5 this morning, and done it before I had others needing me for minor things.  Live and learn, I guess...I'll have to remember that for the rest of the fall when I want to can by myself...wake up early, Jacki! It'll all be worth it in the end!

I love summer, but sometimes I can't help but wish for late fall and winter when we are able to hang out with Matt, do just the basics outside, and not have a yard and garden to take care of.  However, I know I shouldn't wish...it'll all come so fast, and I'll be wishing for more time from summer to finish up last-minute projects.  I guess my own advice to myself here is to use my time wisely!

_________________________

We were able to fence a bunch more yesterday morning...we layed posts out for a half mile, strung some wire, and put some clips (what holds the wire to the post) on.  It helps to know we've started...it makes us want to keep working on it.
The kids were busy helping, too...Adina helped drive the pickup and hold clips for me; Clarence helped with the wire (he took a fencing plier and wrapped it around the wire and sat there pulling on it and talking about fencing...really so much help!).  They're so cute!

______________________________

The kids and I are going to a Peter Eide concert tonight in Bronson at the park.  I'm really excited.  I haven't seen him since I was in high school at a youth group event somewhere.  The people in charge were able to raise enough money so that the concert is free for everyone to attend.  That's so awesome! I hope people take advantage of this and attend!

_____________________________

Potty Training Update:

Clarence is pretty-much potty trained.  He hasn't had an accident in days, and if I remember to take his pullup off right when he gets up from bed or a nap, he doesn't have any accidents.  He's even now just going on his own. I don't have to ask him...he just remembers and hurries to go.  He's big on going outside right now. I'm okay with that.  We don't have a downstairs bathroom, so it's quicker for him to go outside.  That's ok for me because at least he'll be used to knowing he has to go by winter and will be able to run upstairs and go and still hold it. 
I'm so proud of him and happy that he is potty trained. It's so much easier than changing diapers all the time! Yay!

Have a wonderful day!  Enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment